Thursday, December 4, 2008

Welcome to my new blog. Cue foreboding organ music.

This shouldn't make me nervous but it does a little. Sharing online like this. I just figured that as I'll be bouncing around for a while it would be an easy way to keep folks updated on where I am and what I'm doing, photos and stories and whatnot. Also, with the economic downturn and the restructuring government, I thought I'd do the Total Information Awareness Office a favor and make it easier to track my every move.

A couple reasons it feels funny is that 1) I have a tendency to overshare a little, I think, which can be good sometimes but not so much at other times and 2) I imagine a wide variety of people may have access to it. Everyone from my old punk rock friends to members of my family to folks I've been associated with through the world of work and coffee. Different people from different venues in life to whom, as I'm sure you understand, one tends to differently filter the relay of personal information, and stories and photos and whatnot. Take it as an opportunity to know me in a fresh new way, just don't hold anything found within against your opinion of the author and the author'll do his best to balance the honesty with the self-incrimination.

You can find this at www.GoNunziGo.blogspot.com. Don't be fooled. I've been in the same spot for the past three years of my life, not really Gogogoing so much as far as location is concerned. But, here's the plan for the next few months of my life:

Road trip: pittsburgh to asheville to nashville to memphis to little rock to austin to denver to salt lake city to idaho to california. fly back to vermont. go to northern vermont for a week long coffee class. take a train to NYC. fly to Guatemala and independently explore coffee production in central america for two months or longer. fly back to the northeast. maybe drive to atlanta for a coffee trade show in April. head back to vermont. get things together and ride my motorcycle from New England to Portland, Oregon at which time I might then rename this blog StayNunziStay. Because as far as the plan takes me is to re-settle in Portland for a while, work with coffee any way I can, play in a band and otherwise take advantage of all that great city has to offer. Barring any sidetracks, distractions, detours or revisions along the way, which I may leave myself open to, we'll see.

And what's a blog without a photo, right? Here it begins, in the car with Christy, just leaving Vermont, on the way to Pittsburgh.


Stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. Have fun. I still say skip Pittsburg if you can. Erie is nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too late to skip pittsburgh, it's where we been the past three days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw that. It is such a sad city. If you want to see something sadder go about an hour north to Titusville. It is were I lived for almost 2 years. It goes crack house, crack house, bar, church, repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a safe and amazing journey!

    ReplyDelete